Ok, I know the real racemeet isn't until tomarrow, but I have no idea if I will even be able to get on... So let's *pretend* that these are from tomarrow, lol. A ton of the races were combined, so if you don't see your horse in his original race, look somewhere else, they'll be there
1. Maiden Special Weight, 3yo+ 8.5f dirt 1. Funny Honey(Hysterical)- mare- Kimberly and John Ahearne- Kimberly Ahearne ($200) 2. Wild Halo (Ivory Bead) - Mare - Krystal - Maya ($100)
2. Maiden Special Weight, 3yo+ 9f turf 1. Black Tie Affair (Lion Tamer) - Stallion - Krystal - Maya ($200) 2. Coolone Copycat (Wajir) - Colt - Jen - Anthony Parr* ($100)
6. Allowance, 3yo+ f/m 10f turf 1. Last Diamond(Last Robbery)- mare- Kimberly and John Ahearne- Kimberly Ahearne ($200) 2. Silver Chance(Silver Icicles)- mare- Kimberly and John Ahearne- Kimberly Ahearne ($100)
7. Allowance, 3yo+ f/m 8.5f. dirt 1. Allenby(Aldebaran)- mare- Kimberly and John Ahearne- Kimberly Ahearne ($200) 2. Languish(Aragon)- mare- Kimberly and John Ahearne- Kimberly Ahearne ($100) 3. Childish Design (Colonel Bradley) - Filly - Jen - Anthony Parr* ($75)
8. Allowance, 3yo+ 11f Turf. 1. Echo Of Thunder (All Chatter) - Filly - Jen - Anthony Parr* ($200) 2. Canned Win (Imperio) - C - Maya - Maya ($100) 3. Arctic Owl (London\'s Night Owl) - Colt - Elise Freed - James Parker** ($100)
Well Wild Halo came in 2nd, but hey she almost had it until Funny Honey put her little nose in front! Those two would just not give in! They ran together the whole dang race. Half the time you couldn't even tell who was in front, and it took a photo finish camera to finally decide Funny Honey won Black Tie Affair won by a good half length though!
Last Diamond won by a length after Silver Chance ran about two lengths in front the whole race, she still tried though, and finished gamely.
Allenby won by a good three lengths. Languish and Childish Design burst from the gates and basically had a speed dual the whole race. Allenby had a slow start, but began to make up ground at the backstretch, and by the time they came into the homestretch, was right beside Languish and Childish Design. While those two fought it out, Allenby swept by, but not without a fight from the other two! There were a few good taps from the jockey's part to get her to sail home.
Echo Of Thunder won gamely. Arctic Owl was a bit nervous of the crowds and balked going into the gate. After a few seconds, he got in, but was obvioulsy tense. Canned Win loaded well, as did Echo Of Thunder. Arctic Owl came out slow, with Canned Win and Echo Of Thunder pulling away. Arctic Owl immediatly came out of his slump and pulled even with Canned Win and Echo Of Thunder. Canned Win drew away to a length lead, with Echo Of Thunder and Arctic Owl challenging. Coming into the final turn, Arctic Owl got his first lead of the race and pulled a neck in front of the slightly tiring Canned Win. Echo Of Thunder then pulled even with Canned Win and Arctic Owl, and then pulled away with some urging. Gamely opened his lead to a length, and then 1 and a 1/2, with Canned Win a neck in front of Arctic Owl.
Hm, I'll say this now so that there is no confusion later... If there are going to be regular racemeets held other than the ones I hold, I -will- begin enforcing the rule that states horses can only race once every two weeks -- so you guys will have to choose which meets you want your horses in and ensure that there are no conflicts. There will be penalties and disqualifications, so be warned. I'm not saying that you guys can't hold racemeets, if it sounds that way LOL, I'm just saying that you'll have to start paying attention to when and where your racers are running, just like you do with your show horses
MAYA KENEDY BITS Founder and Admin Team member; Owner of Camelot Enterprises.